Lexmark Announces Next Generation A3 Printing Solutions
June 6, 2017, Lexmark International, Inc., announced their next generation A3 color laser printers and multi-function printers (MFPs) totaling nine (9) new products targeting demanding print environments.
CX 920 Series, CS 920 Series Features
- CX 924 65 ppm MFP
- CX 920 80 ppm scanner
- High capacity input bin(s) – 6500 sheets
- Monthly Duty Cycle – 200,000-275,000 pages
- 10 inch touch screen display
- e-Task interface – simple, intuitive icon driven interface
- Lexmark built-in apps but supports optional apps including customer apps
- Complete fleet management, proactive diagnostics and remote firmware upgradeability.
- Built-in security portfolio is built into every CS920 and CX920 device
- Mobility features include simple printer discovery and mobile printing from iOS, Android or Google Cloud devices, as well as mobile scan and full administration to configure mobile policies, options and defaults.
- Integrated voice guidance, standard headphone jack, a tilt-able operating panel, and screen magnification with pinch and zoom features
Availability of these new products will be some time later this year. Lexmark follows HP’s announcement of their new laser A3 product line in September of last year in pursuing a larger share of the A3 printer/MFP market dominated by the traditional A3 market leaders. The traditional A3 printer market leaders are not complacent and are introducing new A3 products. It will be interesting to see how successful Lexmark will be since A3 printer dealers are extremely loyal to their incumbent suppliers such as Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Konica Minolta,, Kyocera etc. and we all know that it takes much more than good hardware to succeed in the channel, particularly the BTA channel.